Hold’em for Life Oncology Fellowship
Hold’em for Life Charity Challenge has made a generous and transformative commitment to oncology research and education at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine and our partner hospitals.
The Hold’em for Life Oncology Fellowships are open to University of Toronto residents and clinical fellows pursuing cancer research, at any of the Faculty’s nine fully affiliated teaching hospitals.
Award Amount: $50,000
Applications will be considered for funding for the following time periods: July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021 or July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022.
(note: The Fellowship Review Committee will consider applications with an alternate start date within the academic year)
Eligible candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a medical doctor licensed to practice in Ontario
- Commit to spending at least 2 years in residency or clinical fellowship training, during which at least 1 year has a minimum of 80% protected time committed to research
- Have matching funds confirmed by Principal Investigator/Supervisor
- Be registered with the University of Toronto Post MD Program as a resident or clinical fellow
- Have a Supervisor with a faculty appointment at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine
- Projects must be in the field of oncology. Applicants can apply from any University of Toronto clinical department or related clinical discipline (including but not limited to: medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, psychosocial oncology, medical imaging, pathology etc.)
- Funding from the Hold’em Fellowship must be applied to salary
A multidisciplinary U of T committee will annually review and rate all proposals.
- Application Deadline: April 14, 2020
- Award Notification: June 12, 2020
- Funding Awarded: July 1, 2020 or July 1, 2021
Hold’em for Life Charity Challenge is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization that has raised more than $30 million to fund cancer research since its inception in 2007. With a new investment in the University of Toronto and our partner hospitals, Hold’em for Life strives to help advance cancer research and invest in the next generation of oncology clinician scientists.