Call for Participants is NOW OPEN for FACIT Falcons’ Fortunes 2020
Do you have an exciting oncology research idea that needs a little extra fuel to drive a lot more value? Could $50,000 help accelerate or demonstrate the value of your research to potential partners?
If your answer is yes, then we have a fun, exciting and real opportunity for you!
On World Cancer Day - Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 - Falcons’ Fortunes invites you to pitch your idea to a panel of sharp-eyed yet friendly investors. Hosted by the FACIT Falcons, this event will see entrepreneurial researchers vie for the $50,000 Ernsting Entrepreneurship Award to invest in the most promising oncology research idea. Any new innovative idea in the oncology space developed in Ontario is a candidate pitch!
- Send an email to Lisa Milestone by Friday, November 22nd, 2019 if you are interested in participating
- What is this event? Falcons’ Fortunes is a pitch competition (friendly version of Dragons’ Den)
- When: Tuesday, February 4th, 2020, 3:00-5:45 pm with a reception from 5:45-7:30 pm
- Where: Vantage Venues (150 King Street West, Toronto)
- What’s at stake? $50,000 to the best pitch
- What’s a pitch? 10 minute presentations that tell convincing stories on the value of a novel big or small idea and describe how $50,000 would impact and further advance the idea
- They are looking for you to demonstrate the value of your research idea (e.g. accelerate to point of demonstrating POC, potential, patient benefit and/or economic impacts such as job creation or capital gain) and show how the investment will move you closer to achieving the big picture goal
- Eligible research ideas – any new innovative idea in the oncology space and developed in Ontario
- Who can participate? Any entrepreneurial researcher in Ontario working in the oncology space
- Why are they doing this? In the spirit of enhancing the culture of innovation, embracing entrepreneurship, and cultivating the next generation of risk takers and idea generators
For more details (including how to participate, the associated requirements, and important dates) please click here to visit the event website.
Remember, email Lisa at FACIT by November 22nd if you’re interested in participating.